What are the best tips for putting a MiteGuard® mattress protector on the bed?
Mattresses are bulky items – so let’s make this a simple process.
First, strip your bed.
- Give your mattress a vacuum down for good measure to get rid of surface dust and allergen particles.
- Next, stand your mattress up on its short end at the end of the base.
- Or- if you have a foot board, lift the mattress so the bottom end protrudes over the edge
- Open the mattress protector zip right up and slide the mattress cover down over the top end of mattress.
- Shuffle the cover all the way down and then place the Mattress back on the base.
- Flatten the internal flap, so it sits between the zip and the mattress
- Zip your MiteGuard® Mattress Cover closed.
- Now pop your regular bed linen over the top of the cover.
Moving your mattress around can release allergens and dust into the air – so if you have allergenic children around – occupy them elsewhere whilst you do this job.
If you are allergenic – you can wear a suitable face mask to reduce dust inhalation
If you have a helper – use them – 2 pairs of hands are easier than one.
How to put you MiteGuard® Pillow cover on
- Air your pillow in the sun or wash and dry it according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Open the zip of your Miteguard® pillow cover.
- Insert the pillow – to give a good fit push the pillow corners into the corners of the cover.
- Position the flap of the cover over the top of the pillow.
- Zip your pillow protector closed. Flatten the zip head under its covering flap so it is protected.
- Put your favourite linen pillowcase on top.